NESSie is not a Crisis Service
If you’re a parent of a child or a young person in a mental health crisis:
Other services that might be useful are:
- Childline – if you’re under 19, you can call 0800 1111 to talk to the helpline between 7.30am and 3.30am every day. The number will not appear on your phone bill.
- Healthy Young Minds in Herts – information on wellbeing and emotional support available in Hertfordshire.
- Kooth – online mental wellbeing support and community from 12pm-10pm Monday to Friday and 6pm-10pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- HOPELINEUK (Papyrus) – Tel: 0800 0684141 Text: 07786209697 Email: email@example.com, 10am-10pm weekdays, 2pm-10pm weekends and bank holidays.
- Just Talk – Just Talk is a multi-agency campaign in Hertfordshire, steered by young people and a useful website with resources and signposting.
- Samaritans – Call 116 123 to talk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a reply within 24 hours.
- NHS Foundation Trust – NHS mental health helplines and live webchat.