We are delighted to be back working with all of the DSPL2 schools for our second academic year! A big thank you to all the staff who made and make us feel so welcome each time we enter your schools to offer therapy, parent training and staff forums. Some of our favourite moments have been watching children struggle to access the national curriculum fully; due to their own mental health difficulties and then find relief in using creative arts therapies. After on average 8 sessions, they have gone on to flourish and grow in all aspects of their social, emotional and cognitive development.
The laughter and tears shared in parent trainings has left us humbled and touched to be working with so many families.
Welcome George Fisher to our team!
Huge welcome to George Fisher, who will be part of our Secondary Schools Therapy Team. Many of you will know George previously as an autism specialist.
Fantastic Facts from our last Academic Year!
- More than 40 members of staff attended supervision forums throughout the year
- 39 parents attended our training and support forums throughout the year
- 36 members of staff are now trained in therapeutic interventions to be used within school
- 31 members of staff attended our training focusing on supporting children with Self Harm
- 51 received referrals
- Using SDQs as an Outcome Measure, 100% of the cases showed improvement in their social, emotional and cognitive development
- During the sessions, the child is encouraged to use the Child Outcome Rating Scale (CORS) to monitor their own wellbeing. Statistics showed that at the end of the Academic year, there was a 100% improvement by the CORS.
Trainings that NESSie offer:
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Brick Therapy
- A Foundation in Emotional & Mental Health
- Anxiety & Developing Resilience
- Anxiety in the Early Years
- Bereavement and Loss
- Self Harm Level 1
- Safeguarding and Risk Assessment
- LGBT Foundation
- Assessment and Evaluation
Please let us know which trainings you would be interested in for this Academic Year