TIER 2 OUTREACH WORKER FOR CHILDREN
Schools across Welwyn and Hatfield
We are looking to recruit an experienced, positive team player to provide focused therapeutic outreach support in schools. This is a new post that aims to support Children and Young People with SEND, returning to school post Covid, who are struggling to engage with learning due to their social, emotional mental health, behaviour and/or neurodiversity.
These children and young people may have faced particular difficulties during lockdown and as a result may struggle to self-regulate. This outreach support will offer a space for them to process their emotions and build on positive strategies to support their re-engagement back into learning.
Although this role will be working predominantly with the child or young person, strategies that prove successful should be shared with the family and teacher to promote a continuous supportive approach.
Small group sessions could also be considered if appropriate and where Covid related restrictions allow.
NESSie IN ED CIC (NESSie) aims to co-ordinate and quality assure access to emotional and mental health support in educational settings within Hertfordshire. We are looking for a suitably qualified member of staff to join our newly formed service. Working in conjunction with DSPL 5, NESSie’s school Area Coordinator/Arts Therapist and Tier 2 outreach worker are at the heart of NESSie’s mission which was developed in response to local identified needs through working in partnership with a range of agencies.
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work positively as part of a small therapeutic team
- Ability to successfully network with a range of agencies
- Wide range of ICT packages to be used effectively
- Responsible for delivery of project – must be proactive and reliant on own initiative, show commitment and drive, able to set priorities
- Flexible problem solving approach
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from any individual who meets the job description and is interested in joining our organisation.
For an informal discussion and further information please contact Rachel Lambie, CEO:
- Start Date: September (date to be negotiated with successful applicant)
- Applications close midnight on Friday 14th August
- Invitations for interview sent on Monday 17th August
- Interviews via Microsoft Teams on 21st August